- You reduce your risk of developing illness, disability or dying from cancer, heart or lung disease.
- You reduce your risk of gangrene or amputation caused by circulatory problems.
- You protect the health of those around you by not exposing them to secondhand smoke.
- You reduce the chances of your children suffering from asthma or glue ear.
- You improve your fertility levels and your chance of a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- You improve your breathing and general fitness.
- You enjoy the taste of food more.
- You save money – as much as several hundred pounds a month, if you’re a heavy smoker.
- You no longer smell of stale tobacco.
- The appearance of your skin and teeth will improve.
- You will feel more confident in social situations – you won’t be worrying about the secondhand smoke you create anymore.
- As a non-smoker, you may even find you get approached more often by potential new friends and partners when out socialising.
- Your home will smell fresh and you will no longer be staining your walls with nicotine.
- You will reduce the risk of fire in your home.
So why do you find it so difficult to stop?
- Nicotine is an addictive drug that causes both physical and psychological dependence. For many people the psychological dependence can be even harder to break than the physical addiction.
- Smoking is also a habit – it becomes associated with various emotional occasions, situations and events. If you have already tried to give up but are still smoking, understand that this is all part of a normal giving-up process for you. Keep trying!!
So how does hypnotherapy help?
- Hypnotherapy can help you to overcome the physical, habitual and especially the psychological nature of your addiction, which improves your chances of success.
- It is a safe, natural therapy, which utilises the power of your own sub-conscious mind to effect long lasting positive changes.